Welcome to PsychEd, the psychiatry podcast for medical learners, by medical learners. In this episode, we discuss the biopsychosocial formulation--what it is and how we do it . Our guest expert is Dr. Erin Carter, an in-patient psychiatrist at St. Joseph's Healthcare Centre in Toronto, Canada.
The learning objectives for this episode are as follows:
1. Understand the components of a biopsychosocial formulation
2. Develop an approach to organizing and eliciting salient information to aid in formulation
3. Distinguish between summary and synthesis of information
4. Understand how to communicate a formulation effectively
5. Use the biopsychosocial formulation to inform a management plan
CPA Note: The views expressed in this podcast do not necessarily reflect those of the Canadian Psychiatric Association.
For more PsychEd, follow us on Twitter (@psychedpodcast) and Facebook. You can provide feedback by email at firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com> For more information visit our website: psychedpodcast.org<http://psychedpodcast.org